What Should I Do If My Tooth Falls Out?

Losing a tooth can be a traumatic experience, especially for adults. However, it is important to remember that losing an adult tooth is not the end of the world. There are a number of steps that you can take to ensure that your smile stays healthy and bright. Here are some things to do if you lose an adult tooth:

Contact Your Dentist

If you have lost a tooth, it is important to contact your dentist near you as soon as possible. They will be able to assess the situation and advise you on the best course of action.

Recover The Tooth

First, locate the tooth and pick it up by the crown, being careful not to touch the root. If the tooth is dirty, gently rinse it off with water. Next, see if the tooth can be reinserted into the socket. If so, lightly bite down on a piece of gauze to hold it in place.

Can’t Re-Insert The Tooth Yourself?

If this is not possible, place the tooth in a cup of milk or another container of saline solution as talked about with our friends over at Kaleidoscope Kids Dentistry, the best dentist in Murray UT. This will help to keep the cells alive and increase the chances of success when replanting the tooth.

Clean The Affected Area

It is important to keep the area where you have lost the tooth clean. This will help to prevent infection and ensure that your other teeth remain healthy. Rinse the area with warm water and brush gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush.

Contact our Stuart Dentist Today

Dental emergencies in Stuart FL can happen at any time, and when they do, it’s important to have a plan in place. We understand that dental emergencies near you can be painful and stressful, so we’ll do everything we can to get you in for treatment as soon as possible. We offer a wide range of emergency dental services. So if you’re ever in need of emergency dentistry, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re here to help.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *